Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my Blog!


Sunday, December 14, 2014

“Welcoming Families From Around the World”

The name of “your” family’s country of origin
      Belize - County     BH – FIPS Code        Belmopan – Capitol

At least five ways in which you will prepare yourself to be culturally responsive towards this family - In order to prepare myself to be culturally responsive towards this family I will need to:

  • Create a personalized interaction with personalities in their families.
  • Cultivate and use language of greetings and the main expressions in the family primary language.
  • Attempt to provide accommodations needed for each person.
  • Educate myself about each family member’s dynamics of identity
  • How they feel about the history of diverse groups

A brief statement describing in what ways you hope that these preparations will benefit both you and the family

Hopefully, I will discover some regions from this informational consultation that will help me move frontward in becoming familiar with and appreciating diversity in each person. It is through understanding, reviewing, chatting with others and distribution in the capabilities of additional cultural groups that I can redesign our setting of orientation. As a result, my provision of and reply to society that we help will be more suitable and efficient. 


Belize and the United States belong to a number of the same international organizations, including the UN, Organization of American States, International Monetary Fund, World Bank, and World Trade Organization.

Reference


"Belize - U.S. Department of State." Insert Name of Site in Italics. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Dec. 2014   http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/1955.htm

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara,
    I like how you went outside the box and found a reference that would help you not only with information about this child, but future children you will have. I think it shows that you are willing to do whatever you can to make sure the diversity and culture is genuine and incorporated in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara,

    I love the name of this country...Belize! I love your first and last statements. Creating a personality profile is great! I think it would be interesting to have all of the students to complete this and depending on the age could play a 'guess who' game to learn each other. It is both interesting and insightful to gain their perspective on diversity. They may have great knowledge to share that the entire staff could benefit from.

    ReplyDelete