Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my Blog!


Sunday, January 12, 2014

Blog Assignment: Getting Ready—E stablishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources

Part 1, "Establishing Professional Contacts,"

The World Forum websites were not accessible, as a result, the two establishing professional contacts websites I chose are:

The Global Fund for Children: An organization which provides capital to communities worldwide to improve the lives of children.

&

Save the Children: A U.S. based non-profit organization working on behalf of children worldwide.


Part 2, "Expanding Resources,"


Both foundations were established to offer professional help children with and without families to make a difference in their lives.  These foundations promote programs, such as providing healthy well-being programs to educate children and their families in need for help with financial challenges.  Also, make available nutritious programs to provide their family with the right selection of foods to avoid malnutrition.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Barbar I figured you might have had some difficulty in making contact with international oragnizations that support early childhood. This is very sad because I really thought this would have been easier than I really thought. We talk so much about early childhood and net working but it seems it is easier said than done. I wish all the best with the websites that you found and if you need information about Ealry Childhood in Jamaica I am glad to share with you.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to post once, sorry if this is a repeat. The issue/trend of children in underdeveloped countries working instead of being educated is devastating. Children want to be educated and that opportunity is sometimes taken away because they are expected to help support their families. I look forward to further educating myself about this issue and looking more into your website.

    ReplyDelete